Queens Honours: Nominations
A huge number of individuals, both volunteers and staff, contribute significantly to sport in Scotland. It is important that these individuals can be recognised for the contribution they make to the vibrancy and diversity of sport in Scotland. This is your opportunity to nominate the most worthy individuals within your sport and your community for a Queen’s Honours Award.
The Scottish Sports Association (SSA), the independent and collective voice of Scottish Governing Bodies of sport, our members and the Scottish Government are working in partnership to identify and recognise the individuals who make a real and innovative difference to sport in Scotland. We are particularly looking for those who have made a difference to club and community sport, and need your help to identify and nominate these individuals from within your community.
Do you know someone who has?
- Made a strong and positive difference to their sport and community?
- Shown outstanding innovation?
- Shown exemplary and selfless volunteer work?
- Improved life considerably for those within their club/organisation?
- Carried the respect of their peers?
- Made significant changes and achievements in Scottish sport?
- Brought distinction to Scottish life or enhanced Scotland’s reputation through their achievements and efforts through sport?
- Made a real and lasting difference to their sport and/or their community.
Please email this information to email@example.com by 24th February 2017
Please note that, unfortunately, not all nominations will be successful, therefore it is crucial that all nominations are kept confidential from the individual being nominated; all aspects of the nomination process are confidential. Nominations are considered twice per year; for the Queen’s New Year’s Honours and the Queen’s Birthday Honours Awards. The process for nomination is the same at both times and both opportunities seek to recognise individuals who have made a significant difference to Scotland, either through communities or through a particular field of activity, ie sport. The Scottish Government has asked the SSA to promote and add value to the nominations process for Scottish sport. However, nominations can still be sent directly to the Scottish Government. Further information on the Honours process is available via: https://www.gov.uk/honours. Please note this is an ongoing process and further rounds will be available.
The SSA and the Scottish Government would like to thank you in advance for your support with this process.