The objects of the Sports Council are:
• To proactively link with Fife Council to create sustainable, community based opportunities in sport.
• To promote& encourage inter-club co-ordination and networking between the various amateur sports clubs and organisations affiliated to the association as hereinafter provided in Kirkcaldy & Central Fife area and in relation to specific projects.
• To be representative of local sport and local sports clubs in the Kirkcaldy &Central Fife area and advocate on behalf of their needs.
• To continue to develop and assist in the formation of new sports clubs, where none exists or where the existing clubs are unable to fulfill current needs in the Kirkcaldy & Central Fife area.
• To encourage, with the assistance and support of Fife Council, increased and continuous participation in sport.
• To work with sportscotland recognised national organisations in support of local implementation of their national plans and programmes.
• To examine the available sports facilities in the Kirkcaldy & Central Fife area against current and anticipated needs and to make representations to Fife Council and any other appropriate body, from time to time in this connection.
• To promote or support competitions, championships and social or other events as considered desirable.
• To identify and attract additional funding to sport in the Kirkcaldy & Central Fife area including the distribution of any available grant awards.
• To promote social inclusion through sport to benefit the community in the Kirkcaldy &Central Fife area.
Kirkcaldy - Auchtertool - Levenmouth – Burntisland – KinghornGlenrothes – Leslie –Kennoway – Windygates
· Promoting Local Sport
· Creating Opportunities
· Inter-Club Cooperation and Networking
· Representing Local Sport
· Developing New Clubs
· Encouraging Participation
· Influencing National Programmes
· Examining Available Facilities and Actual Needs
· Promoting and Supporting Events
· Attracting Funding and Distributing Awards
· Promoting Social Inclusion
Note: By clicking submit you are agreeing to renew your affiliation to the KCFSC for another year. You are also agreeing at this point to pay KCFSC £10 per year by way of an affiliation fee. We will contact you with information as to how payment can be made.